Tekton needs an impressive Retail Account Manager who will work with retailers and dealers to develop hand tool programs that meet the needs of our core users. This is not a traditional sales job—maximizing sales for the sake of sales. Instead, you’ll be responsible for growing the Tekton brand and its reputation by partnering with resellers who authentically connect with our core users and share our outlook and standards.
Direct Supervisor: Chief Retail Officer
Some specific role responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our brand and product development, including technical aspects of the products, materials, and manufacturing processes
- Demonstrate a sense of vision and design for creating compelling presentations for Tekton products that present them as complete systems of hand tools
- Follow competitor brands and products, the tool industry as a whole, and retail trends
- Develop and manage strong relationships with current and potential retail and dealer partners
- Travel as needed, sometimes for several days at a time
Education, experience, and skills
You do not need a specific degree or job history. It will be helpful if you are a tool user or mechanically minded. It’s also important that you are someone who questions assumptions and conventions and does what it takes to get the job done.
Location and hours
This is a full-time, salaried position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
About the company
Tekton, Inc. is a family-owned company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We’re dedicated to making the best hand tools you’ll ever own, and we start by designing the products that we personally believe in and want to own ourselves. We focus especially on tools used in mechanical and assembly work; our core categories include systems of hand drive sockets and ratchets, impact sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.