Bergmann is looking for a Construction Project Engineer with great communication skills who enjoys working outdoors with others to join our team in Grand Rapids, MI!
What You'll Do: Lead and coordinate the work and daily activities of multiple construction crews on transportation projects; apply plans, specifications, and construction standards and regulations to assigned projects.
Who We're Looking For: The ideal candidate must enjoy working with teams, be able and willing to work outdoors on a project site for extended periods of time, and be willing to travel between job sites (includes some overnight travel). All candidates must have a valid Driver's License, a bachelors in Engineering (preferably Construction Engineering or Civil Engineering) and a minimum of 7 years experience in transportation, construction, or similar engineering fields to be considered.
Additional certifications preferred, but not required include:
* Michigan Concrete Field Testing - MCA - Level 1 minimum
* Bridge Deck Construction Insp. & Bridge Rehab Inspection
* SESC - Plan Review & Design Certification
* Storm Water Management
* FieldManager / FieldBook Training
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
* Strong communication skills
* High attention to detail
* Ability to lead, coach, and mentor others in a formal and informal role
* Experience working with MDOT or Local Agency experience is preferred
* Team player who enjoys working collaboratively with others
* Knowledge of traffic control and work zone operations
* Ability to travel overnight and between job sites
* Ability to work outdoors, on job sites, for extended periods of time
Additional Construction Project Engineer Responsibilities:
* Perform project estimating, quantity takeoffs, and field reviews for design projects
* Assist in field activities for road and bridge scoping and inspection
* Monitor and document work zone & traffic control operations
* Provide oversight to construction technicians
* Make measurements, calculate quantities, and perform engineering related computations
* Apply project plans, along with company policies, guidelines, standards, specifications to the work and make decisions.
* Help coordinate project start-up activities
* Attend client start up and progress meetings
* Maintain project documentation
* Coordinate activities on the project site and resolve problems related to the work.
* Be a technical assistant to the project engineer and/or project manager
* Perform constructability reviews on road & bridge projects
All other duties as assigned. We won't ask you to do things way outside your scope, but we are one #TeamBergmann, so "Not my job!" is not an option!
AA/EEO including Veterans and Disabled.
EEO/AAP including Veterans and Disabled