This position is reponsible for leading producitivity improvement initiatives supporting improvements in safety, quality, delivery, and productivity across the manufacturing operations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: (Essential Functions)
- Focused hands-on productivity improvement support for manufacturing operations
- Lead plant continuous improvement/cost savings projects
- Lead Lean "Kaizen" workshops to promote continuous improvement
- Lead work cell productivity improvement projects with Manufacturing, Materials, and Engineering teams.
- Actively promote and train employees on Lean Manufacturing
- Lead and participate in cell board meetinggs to review issues/opportunities and manage them in 10in6
- Continuously improve through employee development, process improvement and elimination of waste
- Comply with all Company policies
- Lead the effort on establishing 5S visual management standards as a part of RPS (Rhythm Production System)
- Assist with time studies to keep routing rates up to date
- Create and assist with implementation of standard work
- Recommend improvements in plant layouts and material flow
- Develop and implement capital/expense projects to support cost reduction initiatives
- Working alternative shifts and flexible hours as needed to support positive change
- Bachelor's degree in related field and/or 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in a continuous improvement role with manufacturing operations and production scheduling preferred.
- Experience with Lean conceps such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Cell Design, 7 Kinds of Waste, Kanban, TPM, etc.
- Knowledge of DMAIC and Six Sigma problem solving techniques
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Strong data analytical skills with Excel pivot tables preferred
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
(Note: This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required."