The position of part time Dock worker/straight truck driver is to pack, protect and load outbound freight for The Worden Group product line according to specifications while maintain production and quality standards.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
1. Package finished product for specific shipping requirements. UPS Partial, Freight, Dedicated truckload.
- Operate Standup Electric Hi-Lo and sit-down Gas Fork Trucks.
3. Pass OSHA approved training and test for Fork Truck Operations.
4. Possess a valid Chauffeur license with medical card
5. Perform daily cleaning and maintenance of work area and equipment, including, but not limited to, sweeping, wiping, and discarding waste.
6. Keen eye to recognize a problem or is likely to go wrong and be able to communicate effectively and help in overcoming the issue.
7. Works with co-workers, line leader and area manager to improve processes and product quality
8. Ability to follow standard work procedures and adhere to processes
9. Adhere to 6-S by maintaining a clean and orderly work area
10. Support and uphold the Worden Group core values
11. Develop teamwork by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all employees.
12. Perform other duties as assigned
1. High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent and previous manufacturing experience
2. Experience using spray equipment and triggering techniques
3. Functional computer knowledge required such that one can log times and make simple transactions in the ERP system.
4. Ability to read, comprehend and correctly interpret manufacturing production paperwork
5. Attention to details Ability to consistently perform manual labor and heavy lifting and to sustain physical work activities, such as lifting up to 50 lbs alone or over 50 lbs with a partner, standing, bending and walking
6. Good attendance, work performance and safety records
7. Ability to apply common sense to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
8. Ability to work extra hours as needed, sometimes on short notice
1. Teamwork Orientation
2. Detail Orientated
3. Time Management
4. Organizational Skills
- Clean driving record
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required demands include:
• Must be able to operate and use all necessary equipment
• Must be able to climb ladders and move items that can weigh up to 50 lbs.
• Employee is regularly required to read, count and write accurately to complete all documentation
• See, hear and communicate with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
• Must be alert and aware of surrounding for safety concerns
The information contained in this position description is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the successful performance of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Additional duties and requirements may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.