The IT Director is responsible for managing all aspects of IT operations, processes, and service quality for Convivial Brands and all related companies. This includes managing, leading, and training internal staff and managing external vendor relationships, internal infrastructure, information security, communications technology, and asset management. The IT Director is responsible for designing and implementing improvements to all areas of technology including automation, ERP system performance and function, and system integration and will stay up-to-date on technology trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance. Due to the size and culture of the organization, this is a hands-on Director-level position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and management for technology systems and services, managing the day-to-day operations of the Information Technology Department.
- Create and implement corporate strategy and vision with respect to Information Technology in accordance with the over-arching goals of the organization.
- Translate business goals into technical requirements and design appropriate projects and initiatives to help the organization achieve those goals.
- Communicate and collaborate with Executive Management to establish IT strategy, goals, and priorities as well as to define expected outcomes, identify issues, and resolve through corrective action.
- Identify new technologies and determine applicability to the organization’s long-term needs and goals and make recommendations for adding or consolidating technologies accordingly.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with third party vendors and technology partners that bring added value to the organization.
- Lead, coach and develop a passionate, engaged team. Provide thought leadership, direction and best practices to the IT team.
- Design, lead, and manage technology projects using applicable project management platform and practices.
- Guide IT decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain documentation of all policies, procedures and processes.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve technology issues, including hardware, software and system issues as well as information security concerns.
- Manage Microsoft dynamics Nav ERP System
- Manage EDI setups and testing
- Monitor service desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process based on priority. Report on outcomes and trends from ticketing system. Perform root-cause analysis on trends and recommend changes in capabilities or training to address problems that are frequent or severe.
- Follow up with end user satisfaction with IT support staff.
- Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
- Responsible for the ordering, acquisition, inventorying, licensing, and disposition of hardware and software.
- Ensure the continual functioning of mission critical operations.
- Develop, review, and certify all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Plan, implement and monitor changes in infrastructure configurations.
Convivial Brands Expectations of all Employees:
- Adheres to all Convivial Brands Policies and Procedures.
- Conducts self in a manner consistent with Convivial Brands’ Core Values at all times.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all contacts.
- Consistently reports to work on time and prepared to perform the duties of the position.
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains the privacy of all company proprietary information.
- Treat visitors, vendors, customers, and team members with respect and dignity.
- Able to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Responsible for leadership, management, and accountability within the Information Technology department.
- Participate in recruiting, hiring, and training IT staff.
- Hold departmental meetings on a weekly basis to identify, discuss, and solve business issues relating to technology.
- Promote team building and work to provide growth paths for IT staff.