Responsibilities and Essential Duties and Functions
An employee in this postion may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential duties and does not include all of the duties which the employee may be expected to perform.
- Perform a variety of construction maintenance and repair activities.
- Dig trenches, cold and hot patching, general road repair work.
- Operate trucks, compressors, power equipment and hand tools.
- Operate, lawn mowers, weed whips, rakes, leaf machines, blowers.
- Operate large vehicles for road grading, snow and ice removal.
- Do mechanical tasks, operate sanitation removal equipment.
- Routine manual labor, general maintenance work as required.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- Valid Michigan Commercial Driver’s License and good driving record (TIP to start)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Physical strength and health to complete essential duties.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees and on your own.
- Ability to work effectively with the public.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive wage package
Competitive 401 pension plan
Comprehensive health, dental and optical insurance
Vacation, sick and personal leave, Uniform allowance
This is a full- time union position