The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks full-time and part-time Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) to join their team in Crystal Falls, Michigan. All levels of experience encouraged to apply.
This position requires an ability to lead and a willingness to collaborate with other staff to organize, plan, and direct nursing care in our well-established facility. The ideal candidate is patient, tactful, and enthusiastic in the handling of residents and their care.
- Provide professional and quality nursing care to residents; carry out instructions of supervisors & doctors (note physician orders, prepare/pass medications, monitor IVs, supervise/assist feeding of residents, etc.).
- Assist supervisors in care and management of the unit.
- Checks rooms routinely to ensure residents are provided the care required and/or requested.
- Observe and make recommendations via making walking rounds of unit; chart pertinent patient information.
- Maintain unit; requisition supplies and equipment.
- Confer with shift supervisor; answer questions from CNAs.
- Answer questions from residents, family members, visitors and nursing service staff.
- Participate in staff/resident teaching and in-service programs, as needed.
COMPENSATION. $22.23 – $23.85 per hour plus choice of loan repayment ($2,500 paid directly to your loan debt every 6 months for 5 years) or receive a sign-on bonus ($5,000 for full-time; $3,500 for part-time). Hours worked in excess of 8 or 12 in assigned shift are paid at time and one-half. Weekend shifts receive an additional $2.00 per hour.
BENEFITS. Position offers medical, dental, vision, generous retirement plan, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick time, life insurance, uniform allowance, shift differentials, and pay incentives for perfect attendance and picking up additional shifts.
- Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Previous experience in hospital, skilled nursing or other related medical facility preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst peers and residents.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position.
Learn more about us at ironcountymcf.com