Join a diverse and dynamic team that makes and delivers the most valuable services in the world: electricity and natural gas. At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our employees work around the clock to provide service to our customers in honor of our history and to fulfill our promise to Michigan - Count on Us! Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy and headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, provides natural gas and electricity to nearly 6.8 million of Michigan's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
The James H Campbell Generating Complex is located in West Olive, Michigan located on the eastern shore of Lake Michigan between the cities of Holland and Grand Haven. The Campbell complex helps Consumers Energy meet the energy needs of its more than 1.8 million electric customers. The Maintenance Department provides mechanical and electrical support to the Operations Department of three large electric generating units that operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, providing an important commodity/service.
The Coal Generation Maintenance Supervisor will primarily be responsible for overall maintenance of the JH Campbell Generating Complex and the performance of the Site maintenance personnel.
- Plan, organize, train, and direct maintenance personnel to achieve maximum efficiency in the performance of their work.
- Provide technical guidance in solving mechanical and electrical maintenance problems, including instruction in the performance of complex, unusual, or potentially hazardous work.
- Maintain a working knowledge of plant General Operating Procedures.
- Administer the Working Agreement, the Accident Prevention Manual, Company policies, and Department guidelines.
- Advise and consult the Operations and Technical Superintendent on all matters regarding unusual maintenance conditions, employee matters, budget needs, and unit outages.
- High School Diploma OR GED.
- Requires technical knowledge in power plant maintenance or other similar industrial knowledge gained either through a technical field of study and/or through related work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe work practices and procedures.
- Plant maintenance experience.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Responsible for the organization, coordination, evaluation and supervision of employees assigned to the maintenance of a fossil fueled power plant.
- Recommends proposed changes and enhancements to systems and facilities operation/ maintenance, responds to complaints and requests for information, prepares and maintains reports of completed job orders and the status of jobs in progress.
- Inspects jobs to check on work progress, assure satisfactory completion and plans new assignments, prepares requisitions for maintenance supplies, equipment and materials and supervises special projects as required.
- Conducts regular safety meetings, participates as a member of safety committee; investigates and completes necessary incident reports and accident reports; maintains records, prepares and submits required reports for appropriate agencies.
- Plans and implements preventative maintenance programs.
- Regular attendance is expected.
Hours and Travel
- This position requires the individual to work a minimum of 40 hours per week with a majority of the time spent at a specific plant location.
- Individual needs to be willing to work additional hours as necessary to meet deadlines or assist with outage activities and could be given very short notice to do so.
- Individual should be willing to participate in the on-call rotation in case of potential outages.
- Individual may have to work outside of assigned headquarters to help with outages or projects which may require overnight stays.
- Could potentially work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of the business, which may include evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Individual must have a valid driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and move up to ten pounds and occasionally lift and move up to fifty pounds. The recommended maximum weight for employees to lift without the aid of other employees or a lifting device is 35 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
- The noise level in the work environment is often loud and the noise level in the office is usually moderate.
This Job opening is posted for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
Position will be filled at the appropriate salary grade based upon the skills, knowledge, and experience of the selected candidate.
All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against and will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.