Position Summary - Die Setter
Currently seeking experienced Die Setters for an opportunity with a leader in custom contract manufacturing from single components and OEM parts and subassemblies to complete manufacturing and engineering capabilities and services. You will be working as an experienced Die Setter in set-up and operations of power press to manufacture metal products by performing the following responsibilities.
- Maintaining production tooling, as well as the pulling and setting up of jobs in production presses.
- Proficient with some toolroom equipment (lathes, mills, surface grinders etc.)
- Able to read and understand blueprints and use all quality measurement tools and equipment (calipers, micrometers, profilometers, optical comparators etc.) with proficiency.
- Complete set-up responsibility (i.e., new die set-up information).
- Pre-staging of all set-up (tools, dies, chutes, clamping required, transfer fingers, grippers, Julian dates).
- Load coils onto mandrel and feed through straightener and into die.
- Assist team members when coils need re-banding and taken off press.
- Establish and maintain communication with other team members and support departments.
- Initiate and sustain 5S opportunities.
- Supply tool room with necessary dies.
- Continually organize die and coil storage area.
- Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as directed by the supervisor/manager.
- Related Tool and Die Setter experience in a stamping facility.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Able to compute averages and to interpret line or bar graphs.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Perform the job safely while adhering to company safety standards