The Manufacturing Technician I’s function is to provide technical support to all the production equipment & machinery on the plant floor. The Manufacturing Technician I will install, troubleshoot, program, repair any issues with equipment; along with providing maintenance support for the entire facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Troubleshoots and repairs electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gauges and test equipment.
· Coordinate with Vendor’s on necessary outside repairs and new equipment needs
· Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
· Provides support and training to operators and assembly personnel when necessary on various equipment & machines
· Informs appropriate management of potential electrical/mechanical safety problems and inherent dangers involved.
· Assist in plant maintenance internal and external activities including coordinating outside contractors and verification of work completion.
· Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
· Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools.
· Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, systems operate efficiently.
· Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
· Assemble, install and/or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components
· Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
· Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
· Record maintenance and repair work performed.
· Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
· Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
· Set up and operate machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools
· Responsible for repairs and troubleshooting of shop equipment
· Advises operators and technicians of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
· Performs other duties as required
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field is preferred.
· At least 2 years of experience as a higher level production employee
· Experience with SMT related equipment preferred
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Experience with Testing of Analog and Digital Electronics.
· Ability to troubleshoot PCBA’s to component level.
· Ability to read and use a schematic for troubleshooting of Printed Circuit Assemblies.
· Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Must have knowledge of machining and assembly practices, tools and fixture.
· This position requires that the person be able to work independently; as well as excelling in a team environment.
· Must have strong oral and written communication skills
· Must be able to fluently speak, read, and write English
· Ability to use tools ranging from common hand and power tools- such as hammers, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.