You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Marketing Specialist - Ancillary/Lifestyle at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Marketing Specialist - Ancillary/Lifestyle, you'll partner with the Commercialization team to support the launch of new products across key geographies and vertical markets, and partner in the marketing of your assigned category. You will provide strategic and tactical marketing leadership on launches and interface with a range of business functions. You'll collaborate with multiple levels of the organization (Marketing, Product Category, Creative Team, Sales, etc.) and across all global regions to implement marketing plans and product launches.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Help develop knowledge and insight to advance the customer buying journey and seller experience.
- Lead projects day-to-day to develop launch assets and tools across business functions, including Brand, Editorial, Digital, etc.
- Lead the development of briefs to translate Market Launch Plans into clear programs, experiences, and tools, working to ensure a highly collaborative approach to problem-solving and recommended solutions.
- Lead the process to integrate Marketing and Sales partners into launch planning to determine sales enablement and training requirements, account strategies, tool needs, and targeting tactics.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the company's strategic business objectives and how it relates to the positioning of our product offer.
- Maintain an operational efficiency and strong technical awareness of the use and application of company products and points of differentiation from our competitors.
- Partner in developing integrated market launch plans and sales strategies to support key product launches as determined by the business.
- Research and maintain an understanding of the latest trends in successful product-launch solutions, and regularly suggest new and innovative solutions to communication challenges.
- Support the launch process in facilitating discussions with regions, vertical markets, and subsidiaries in support of global Omnichannel launch efforts, and lead the implementation of decisions.
- Partner in the marketing of the Ancillary category and materials.
- Partner with the category to plan, design, execute, and measure marketing strategies and tactics to drive launch activities, including marketing, communications, sales readiness, and sales enablement.
- Support the Marketing Manager in implementing category-related decisions and strategies, including product refreshes, product support maintenance, and relevant data and system management.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing or a related field.
- Office furniture/capital goods/design experience (advantageous).
- Strong strategic and analytical skills with holistic business acumen.
- An understanding of business functions and their roles in bringing new ventures and products to market.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in brand, direct, and integrated marketing.
- Experience in digital and web-based techniques and demand generation.
- Experience in sales operations, enablement, and readiness (preferred).
- The ability to drive internal and external relationships forward smoothly.
- A highly collaborative and low-noise approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent planning, organization, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to take risks, innovate, and challenge mediocrity.
- The ability to use the office automation, communication, software, and tools in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to travel 15 percent of the time.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.