About this Opportunity
Herman Miller is looking for a Web Producer to join our Digital Team. You will partner with Merchandising, Creative, and Marketing Teams to launch product, category, and special feature assortments on our eCommerce site. You'll manage daily content operations and provide input as to best practices and workflows. You will also participate in major and minor projects relating to site content and contribute to features that improve the core functionality of our website. This role will report to the Director of Herman Miller eCommerce and collaborate closely with the Herman Miller Web Merchandiser.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Contribute to the development of digital workflows and processes that grow the effectiveness and impact of the Herman Miller Group Digital Team.
- Assist in other activities and projects to ensure the smooth day-to-day operations of the website.
- Conduct weekly and monthly site audits.
- Coordinate the creative and technical implementation of digital content.
- Keep pace with digital trends and technologies, especially relating to direct-to-consumer best practices, and provide relevant input to the team to continually better our web presence and digital awareness.
- Manage and organize product photography and copy libraries.
- Manage quality assurance and usability and check to ensure all images, copy, and products are functioning and rendering properly on the site.
- Publish and proof image and copy assets such as silos, environmental images, swatches, product specifications, and product descriptions.
- Support product set-ups and product launches for our eCommerce website.
- Work closely with Merchandising, Editorial, and Marketing to support digital sales and brand initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal teams and outside development agencies to support site enhancements and bug fixes.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of experience within a web production environment.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Experience with web publishing software and toolkits (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, etc.).
- Experience within a retail sales environment (a plus).
- Knowledge of Salesforce Commerce Cloud (a plus).
- Familiarity with web privacy and security principles.
- Attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving/multi-tasking skills, and strong follow through skills.
- The ability to be motivated by challenge and enjoy taking initiative.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to remain flexible to change within your work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Creativity and resourcefulness, with the ability to look for opportunities for improvement in workflow.
- A passion for digital culture, publishing, and eCommerce.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.