When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our team, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
We are currently looking for a Human Resources Business Partner II to join our team in Holland, MI. This position will work on-site within our manufacturing plants.
As a Human Resources Business Partner II, you will:
Independently support internal customer group on member relations strategies, programs, services, and solutions designed to enable company to successfully meet business needs. Function as both business partner and member advocate between management and members to interpret, administer, and implement corporate policies, procedures, and cultural initiatives. Work with management to ensure fair and consistent compliance with corporate policies, practices, and objectives.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- Bachelor's degree in business, industrial relations, or human resources management.
- 6 years of experience in an HR role including at least 5 years experience specifically supporting manufacturing within a plant environment in a Human Resources generalist or Member Relations position
- 3 years of employee relations experience including: experience counseling and coaching members and managers in HR member relations-related situations; experience with conducting workplace investigations and resolving workplace issues (problem resolution) and reviewing and/or evaluating people for selection and/or programs for appropriateness.
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to work in Holland, MI without relocation assistance.
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem-solving, and presentation skills required.
- Ability to build positive working relationships within organization; strong influencing skills.
- Conflict resolution skills to resolve member issues.
- Must possess business acumen to ensure actions and expenses are aligned with business goals.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, ever-changing work environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and determine critical tasks.
- Ability to work as individual and/or as member of team.
- Ability to work with salaried exempt, salaried nonexempt, and hourly groups in office or production-type environment.
- PC and keyboard/mouse skills required, including working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Travels overnight away from "home" offices, up to 15 percent of time, to other Haworth facilities.
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at www.Haworth.com/Careers.
As an EEO/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people. If you require an accommodation in the application process please contact email@example.com.
Nearest Major Market: Grand Rapids
Job Segment: HR, Employee Relations, HR Generalist, Human Resources
As an EEO/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.