The Materials Supervisor is responsible for coordinating material control systems, inbound/outbound shipments, and materials handling activities and inventory control primarily from the shop floor. This position will have responsibility of coordinating Materials on all shifts, with primary function on first shift.
- Coordinate all material handler activities, including Time & Attendance management.
- Coordinate activities for material flow throughout the plant.
- Training, coaching, developing the material handling team.
- Assist in cycle counting and reconciliation of inventory.
- Manage/coordinate the receiving and DMR processes.
- Manage the input of incoming receipts on a regular timely basis.
- Manage the process of outbound shipments.
- Coordinate all customs compliance requirements.
- Efficient operation of material handling equipment and take corrective action to eliminate any deviation.
- Daily floor walks, observing cleanliness and organization.
- Coordinate any outside warehouse activities.
- Monitor system for accurately tracking Truckload Utilization. (TUMS)
- Monitor RFID tracking and completion of lane assignments in COS for container tracking.
- Manage returnable container fleet and maintenance, repair/replacement as needed.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality system.
- Control further processing and delivery of non-conforming product until unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Actively participates in Health/Safety/Environmental investigations and the 8D process in order to develop root cause analysis for problem resolution as required.
- Reporting accidents, occupational illnesses, and HSE&E emergencies, and inform supervisor of known HSE&E conditions which could adversely affect other team members, assets or to the public.
Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience, bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Two years supervision or materials experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of MFG Pro or equivalent preferred.
- Computer experience to include spreadsheet and word processing.
- Previous Automotive experience preferred
- Ensures compliance to Adient BOS procedures related to Material Handling functions.
- Completion of assigned audits related to eLPA and Safety tours
Adient is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email email@example.com.