GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The installation on fiberglass, cellulose or foam insulation based on work and skills
- Loading and unloading insulation materials
- Complete prep and seal work for installation including foaming penetrations, caulking gaps, installing baffles, etc.
- Use common industry tools such as knives, saws, and staple hammers
- Follow safety guidelines and procedures
- Compliance of company, state and federal guidelines particularly as it relates to OSHA and DOT for the safety of all personnel
- Perform pre-trip inspections of equipment, paperwork and loaded product to ensure accuracy
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
- Ability to read, write and communicate information accurately
- Previous insulation installment experience preferred but not required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must submit to a pre-employment drug screen
- Must have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Must have the ability to lift & carry at least 50 lbs. of material or equipment
- Must be able to work in a labor-intensive construction environment
- Must be able to stand 90% Constantly, moving from installing materials from commercial motor vehicle onto job site
- Constantly, positions self to unload materials from flatbed or boom
- Frequently moves materials weighing up to 80lbs while installing
- Must be able to communicate with management and coworkers and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly working in outside environment while installing at commercial and residential job sites
- Must be able to prioritize job sites and deadlines
- Must be able to manage stress depending on customer’s deadline
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive information and directions
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
- Salary: $14 - $20 hourly
- Paid weekly
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid holidays & vacation days
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Gypsum Management & Supply, Inc. (“The Company”), is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. Employment offers are made on the basis of qualification and without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status, or any other protected category.