Coordinates, administers and performs the quality function of an engineering and technical nature to ensure product quality and reliability at minimum quality costs. Assumes a responsible leadership role in the successful launch of new programs. Serves as the main quality point of contact for intracompany and external customers. Leads technical support and resolution of quality related issues.
- Promote good customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a professional and friendly appearance and demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help at all times.
- Provide fast response to customer problems, to include coordination of sorting/rework at customer site.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager
- Safety: Study, institute and maintain efficient and safe work practices, procedures, facilities; by coordinating with the Human Resources, Safety, Maintenance and Engineering Departments and keep them abreast of all safety and efficiency requirements to maintain an accident-free, high efficiency plant operation
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints and procedure manuals. Candidate has the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Candidate has the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Candidate has the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with appropriate software programs. Candidate has the ability to create visual aids for communication purposes.
- Strong time management skills and customer focus
- Advanced analytical problem-solving skills to determine root cause of issues.
- Prefer three (3) years of supervisory experience in manufacturing processes
- 3-5 years previous relevant work experience is preferred, preferably within the automotive industry.
- Must have a consistent employment record to include good attendance and be capable of adapting to a participative team work environment.
Adient is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.