Responsible for prepping inserts, demolding, and crushing foam products by performing the following duties.
- Apply mold release or paste wax to molds with a spray gun or by hand wiping.
- Apply tape to inserts as needed.
- Make sure correct inserts and/or other components are used for correct parts and molds for each cycle.
- Carefully remove parts from the tools as they travel through the demold area and place on conveyor.
- Inspect parts thoroughly for conditions that are non-conforming to MPQA or other customer requirements and communicate any quality issues with Zone Leader.
- Clean stick spots, ensure vents are free of foam, and remove all debris from molds on each revolution of the line using pneumatic air gun, hole poking tool, plastic paint scraper, and date stamp equipment properly.
- Hand crush foam products using a roller or trim parts as needed.
- E-stop line when mold(s) don’t open.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Consistently adhere to and support company policies, Work Instructions and/or other procedures, and ISO requirements.
- Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Lock Out, and all other Safety requirements.
- Compliance with all local, state and federal requirements such as: OSHA, EEO, DOTO
- Other duties as assigned
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The work is performed in a manufacturing environment which contains dust and material particles in the air. The noise level in the work environment is medium to loud and may require the use of hearing protection.