JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world’s largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors, wood, vinyl and aluminium windows and related products for use in the new construction and repair and remodelling of residential homes and non-residential buildings.
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter peoples’ workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career progression opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checks the operation of machines and trouble-shoots electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electronic, equipment and automation problems
- Performs complex preventative and predictive maintenance on machines and equipment using various tools and equipment
- Trouble-shoots electrical and electronic controls on manufacturing equipment for rebuilding, repairing or fabricating purposes
- Modifies and rebuilds manufacturing equipment to meet new machine requirements or production demands with engineering support. Provides input to proposed manufacturing equipment. Installs capital equipment
- Understands and interprets electronic schematics for trouble-shooting electronic equipment with minimal assistance
- Maintains work orders on a daily and weekly basis. Documents all machine preventative, predictive and/or maintenance repairs clearly and concisely for historical and future maintenance purposes
- Follow safety regulations and adhering to OSHA standards
- Familiarity with electronic component’s PLC, AC/DC Motor, relays, drives, and VFD which control the automation of manufacturing equipment and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic processes and repair methods/techniques
- Intermediate to advance skills in reading and interpreting electrical and mechanical drawings, schematics and/or blueprints as well as technical product specifications to understand and identify standard manufacturing parts. In addition, must be able to read safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to train others in the maintenance of machines and continuous learning and application of maintenance techniques/methods
- Organize and prioritize work orders while meeting deadlines to minimize production downtime with a high-level of accuracy in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to deal with problems/issues involving some variation in standardized situations
- Work under direct supervision and independently and foster a cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma and 5 years' experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience that together with experience and training, enables the applicant to demonstrate the required knowledge and experience.
- Electromechanical experience required
- 2+ years of maintenance experience preferably in a manufacturing or production environment
- Certifications and/or licenses required- Such as: Electrician License, Engineering, Fabrication Certificate or License, Electromechanical, Mechanical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, or Plumbing
- Trouble shooting skills for mechanical, electrical Hydraulic and pneumatic systems and ability to learn new skills
- Strong understanding of Mechanical/Electrical components
- Ability to read blue prints and schematics
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, work well under tight deadlines.
- Some experience with programming of machines i.e.: CNC programs, PLC etc.
- Basic electrical skills, welding, fabrication and plumbing