Arbre Farms is a privately-owned business based in the heart of Western Michigan's vegetable country. Arbre produces over 15 locally-grown vegetables (both conventional and organic) for sale to food manufacturers and distributors. As such, we are an ESSENTIAL EMPLOYER!
- This is a temporary position with the opportunity to become a full-time permanent employee after 90 days of successful employment
- The starting pay rate is $13.50/hr.
- 1st Shift Position - 6:45am to 3:45pm
Requirements, Expectations & Work Conditions:
- At least 18 years old
- Willing to work in an industrial environment
- Willing to work in a highly regulated food service industry
- Willing to follow strict guidelines while at work and away from work including social distancing, personal hygiene, etc. per the CDC guidelines
- Must agree to body temperature screening
- Must agree to wear a mask while onsite
Production line associates clean, cut, inspect, package and label commodities from the raw stage through final product while maintaining a clean and contaminant free worksite. Applicable department/area of responsibility training to be completed and maintained.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
• Serve the needs of customers and all stakeholders
• Adhere to all Food Safety and GMP Policies
• Inspect and remove all product that is not up to quality standards
• Remove all foreign objects
• Ensure all products are packaged correctly.
• Ensure product is labeled correctly
• Follow SOP’s and safety standards
• Follow GMP rules and Federal and State regulations
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Above average skills in attendance
Education and Experience:
Physical Demands of the Position:
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee must possess manual dexterity required for using hand tools and operating machinery; lift up to 50 pounds required; able to stand or walk for prolonged periods.
• While performing duties of this position, the employee will be exposed to wet and slippery floors, occasionally moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud; variable temperatures of both heat and cold.