AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter at https://twitter.com/abbvie , Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbVieGlobal , Instagram , YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/AbbVie and LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbvie .
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. AbbVie is always striving to find top talent. Be Bold and grow your career with the pharmaceutical industry leader in Eye Care!
Reimbursement Business Advisor, Glaucoma- Great Lakes
An 'ideal' candidate for this role is someone with expert knowledge of Ophthalmology in the payer environment.
Successful candidates have at least 3 of the following types of experience:
· Eye Care
· Specialty Pharmacy
· Buy & Bill
· Effectively work with health care provider accounts and facilities to support patient access for AbbVie Eye Care reimbursed products. The RBA does this through 1) product-specific provider reimbursement support, 2) coordination of HUB reimbursement services, and 3) managing payer/coverage pull-through initiatives.
· Manage an assigned territory and provide product reimbursement assistance and approved support tools and resources to health care providers in physician practices and surgical facilities.
· Assist health care providers and support staff work through reimbursement barriers and understand the payer landscape.
· Work effectively with multiple key stakeholders (sales, marketing, managed markets, compliance, legal, and regulatory) in a matrixed environment to achieve targeted MBOs and meet established KPIs.
· Bachelor's degree, MBA desirable
· Health care credentialing and/or certification desirable
· A minimum of 5-7 years of proven success in a health care related field
· Reimbursement-related experience in two or more of the following areas:
o Medical device reimbursement
o Physician-administered injectables
o CPT III and/or Miscellaneous J-code reimbursement
o Product launch
· In-depth and current knowledge of today's health care environment, specifically buy-and-bill and medical device reimbursement
· Strong medical reimbursement experience with HUB reimbursement services and specialty pharmacy distribution
· Experience with benefit verifications, prior authorizations, claim assistance, and appeals
· Payer/insurance coverage experience with Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Commercial and Medicaid plans.
· A Valid Driver's License
· Ability to travel adequately to cover territory, as well as overnight travel and attendance at scheduled training and meetings.
AbbVie Leadership Skills:
· Excellence Focused
· Boundaryless Mindset
· Open and Authentic
· Strategic Foresight
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.