Planner/Scheduler - Repack
Full Time - 1st Shift
Are you looking for a great place to work and a career that will allow you to have a healthy work/life balance? Join our team at Natural Choice Foods, a family-owned company servicing wholesale and retail stores throughout the Midwest.
Natural Choice Foods Values:
- Customer Focused
- Act with a Sense of Urgency
- Quality Focused
- Collaboration & Teamwork
Here are just some of what NCF has to offer:
- We offer competitive pay
- Health, dental, and vision coverage available your first day of employment
- Life insurance
- 401(k) available at 6 months, including a company match
- Incentive Plan
- Weekly pay
- Employee discounts
The Repack Planner/Scheduler analyzes all inventories and WIP to determine the work schedule and priority that meets or exceeds the delivery expectations of all customers. Repack Planner/Scheduler ensures optimum productivity through minimizing changeovers and anticipating all required materials and resources to execute the production schedule(s) as planned. Participates in the continuous improvement process and champions programs to improve cost, quality, efficiency, and delivery.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Acts with discretion when making scheduling decisions that align with overall company strategy to achieve maximum utilization, efficiency, and profitability.
- Oversee maintenance of master files (item master, routings, etc.) in and out of ERP
- Create, track, and maintain all source and finished good item attributes as needed for effective decision making throughout the research and development, and sales processes
- Process and oversee internal procedures for maintaining accuracy and traceability of inventory
- Establish target inventory levels for raw materials and finished goods based on product demand and profitability
- Identify and maintain safety stock levels for materials and finished goods
- Work with key stakeholders to develop daily/weekly manufacturing orders based on the timing of the supply chain, product type, and quantities shown by historical sales and real-time sales team feedback to avoid over/under production
- Direct materials to and from production locations according to schedule
- Verify deliveries of materials and inspect for accuracy as needed
- Continuously monitor flowing material and supplies to proactively adjust manufacturing orders as needed to account for unplanned impacts, including but not limited to the actual progress of production against schedule, or supply chain delays/changes
- Data entry, type, file, and place orders with outside vendors
- Process internal purchase orders and sales orders to ensure accuracy of perpetual inventory
- Forecast production capacity and materials and make recommendations to management as needed
- Produce and distribute daily/weekly/monthly reports as required
- Prepare correspondence to expedite purchased materials, revise or change purchase orders, effect cancellations
- Process waste material manifests
- Maintain contact with customers (internal and external as needed) to assure timely processing of orders, shipments, and changes
- Coordinate with sales, inventory control, customer service, and purchasing on upcoming material needs
- Special projects and assignments as directed
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
- Be detail-oriented, honest, direct, and able to handle more than one task at a time while managing one’s time effectively and maintaining a strong work ethic
- Serves as a backup in other Materials functions as needed which may involve providing work direction and/or supervision to other staff
- Follows all Natural Choice Foods, Inc. policies and procedures
- Regular Attendance required
- After hours and weekend work may be required
- Customer Engagement
- Action Oriented
- Results Focused
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
The work is generally performed in a warehouse area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Occasional sedentary (up to 10 pounds), light to medium (up to 50 pounds), and occasional heavy (up to 100 pounds, with assistance) lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential tasks.
Required Educational Skills and Qualifications:
- Associates degree or 4+ years of equal or similar experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Display excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Display ability to function well in an ever-changing environment
- Possess advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Proven strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Ability to speak, write, read and follow instructions, correspondence, and memorandums
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to management and other employees of the organization
- Ability to communicate effectively with truck drivers about deliveries and returns
- Communicate with Sales regarding orders and trucking logistics
Preferred Educational Skills and Qualifications:
- Supply Chain Education/Experience
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing Principles and Practices
- Safety Management
- Hi-Lo/Forklift license
- Experience in using warehouse equipment (e.g. forklifts, pallet jacks)
PLEASE NOTE: This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and the Company reserves the right to revise the job description or to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.
Equal Employment Policy
Natural Choice Foods/Daily Deals Food Outlet hiring and employment practices are based on job qualifications, performance, and/or conduct without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, height, weight, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.