1. Timely and accurate administration of medications to residents as ordered by the licensed health care professional
2. Accurate and timely documentation of medication administration in the EMAR system.
3. Follows proper protocol for reporting any medication related concerns
4. Accurately counts and documents medication inventory, including narcotics and controlled substances. Reorders medications timely to assure residents do not miss doses.
5. Maintains a clean and organized medication cart and med room. Complies with EMAR requirements including charging of the Chromebook.
6. Routine and non-routine communication with licensed health care professionals ,pharmacy, hospice personnel, home health care personnel and resident family members
7. Proper documentation of all communication relating to resident care including changes in medication orders.
8. Respond to resident requests for assistance, including “call lights”.
9. Observe residents for any change in condition (physical, emotional, cognitive or behavioral)
10. Communicate any change in condition to the supervisor
11. Assist residents to maintain their highest level of independence
12. Comply with infection control protocols
13. Treat all residents with dignity and respect
14. Provide excellent care and service to the residents of this living center in accordance with their individual written plans of care and service.
1. Be a good will ambassador for this living center
2. Comply with Life Safety policies and periodic “drills”
3. Assist residents as needed to attend life enrichment events and meals.
4. Participate in training opportunities
5. Report safety and health hazards to the supervisor
6. Assist in dining room service
7. Comply with rules and regulations governing Homes for the Aged
8. Work cooperatively with others on the same shift and across shifts
9. Report to work as scheduled
10. Compliance with all Resident Rights including confidentiality
11. Compliance with all rules and regulations governing care of residents in a Home for the Aged
12. Compliance with the guidelines stated in the Employee Handbook