- Demonstrates ability to assess patient past and current medical history including laboratory values, venous and muscle skeletal status that is pertinent in qualifying a patient as a candidate for PICC placement.
- Assures physicians order on chart for PICC placement.
- Assures Proper Informed Consent has been obtained.
- Performs time out; correct patient identifier prior to initiating PICC procedure.
- Demonstrates clinical proficiency performing ultrasound guided PICC insertions maintaining aseptic technique utilizing measures that prevent patient discomfort and trauma related to procedure.
- Demonstrates high level skills in critical thinking and assessment related to vascular access devices.
- Documents procedure in patient’s permanent medical record.
- Maintains PICC certification of completion from a state approved educational provider for PICC theoretical course; with Didactic and supervised practicum.
- Maintains yearly PICC competency.
- Ability to work independently and possess strong communication and teaching skills.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel within designated market.
- Continues ongoing education and improves knowledge level related to vascular access and current trends in infusion therapy.
- PICC Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)