Economic Development Coordinator – Muskegon Area First
Muskegon Area First (MAF) is a private non-profit organization (501c6) dedicated to providing private and public sector leadership, coordination and engagement to grow the economy of Muskegon County. MAF undertakes traditional economic development activities including marketing, business retention and expansion, business recruitment, and community capacity building. Muskegon Area First is seeking resumes for the position of Economic Development Coordinator. The Economic Development Coordinator will be a motivated self-starter responsible for ensuring Muskegon Area First’s vision and values for its future.
The position will be responsible for coordinating relationships with our local partners and manufacturers, assisting businesses with their expansion and resource needs, assist with grant writing and execution, and all other duties assigned. This employee shall understand the importance of traditional State of Michigan economic development initiatives, be a good communicator, and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent, in Business, Finance, Public Administration or a related field.
- Two years of experience in economic development activities.
- Able to multi-task and work a variety of project types with short deadlines.
- Knowledge of economic development practices and principles at the local, regional, and State levels.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of the workings of federal, state, and local government.
- Must have a high level of computer and social media skills, technology mindset.
- Knowledge of Zoom Prospector.
- Ability to work from home.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, preferred but not required.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary depends on qualifications. Benefits include a defined contribution retirement plan, health insurance, dental, vision, and long term disability.
Muskegon Area First is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.