Change Parts, Inc. is in search of a Machinist to join our Team! As a Machinist you will manufacture parts, mainly plastic parts, utilizing various equipment and hand tools and assemble parts into assemblies per engineering drawings. You will ensure parts are manufactured and assembled to drawings in a timely manner that meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Complete machine set-ups and operate machines- manual lathe, mills and CNC.
- Maintain required finish of machined parts through buffing, polishing and de-burring
- Complete first part inspection of multi part runs.
- Maintain appropriate tooling on hand and grind and sharpen custom tool bits.
- Maintain equipment in the machine shop area.
- Ability to read basic inspection tooling, micrometers and calipers.
- Use typical machinist hand tools.
- Accurately report time in Global Shop.
- Close work orders/sequences in a timely manner.
- Work to the schedule to ensure flow of jobs as appropriate.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Work in an efficient and safe manner.
- High school degree or equivalent; plus a minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess literacy in MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook, as well as the ability to learn our ERP system.
- Must be able to use micrometers and calipers.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply technical data, drawings and reports.
- Ability to apply common mathematical concepts required, including concepts such as addition, subtract, division, multiplication, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical operational situations.
WHAT WE OFFER IN RETURN
- competitive wage
- Health insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Standard shift Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Change Parts, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
To keep our staff as safe as possible we perform symptom screenings prior to your shift and follow CDC and state COVID-19 safety guidelines.