Food and Nutrition aide is responsible for providing food service to residents, guests, and employees under sanitary conditions and for providing assistance in all dietary functions as directed and in accordance with established dietary policies and procedures. They assist in the cleaning and organization of the kitchen.
We have multiple location in our Allegan and Grand Rapids locations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and serve salads and desserts using standardized recipes.
- Set up trays quickly and accurately in a neat and attractive arrangement according to posted menu at food stations on central tray line.
- Place foods, condiments, serving containers, dishes, silverware, etc., appropriate to meal and resident preferences on trays.
- Carefully follow directions in serving modified diets, adhering to mealtime schedules, and following standardized recipes and methods of preparation. Adheres to specified portion controls.
- Deliver cart with food trays to resident areas and assist with tray distribution, as required.
- Return food carts from resident areas to the dishwashing area. Clear trays and wash soiled dishware.
- Prepare appropriate snacks or special nourishments according to specifications and ensure delivery at proper time.
- Maintain good personal hygiene and adhere to uniform requirements. Wear hairnet or hair cap in food service areas.
- Clean work areas and equipment such as counter tops, steam table, coffee urn, and refrigerators.
- Know and report potential sanitation safety hazards in the kitchen, dining room or other areas to the Director of Food and Nutrition Services, and equipment malfunctions to the Environmental Services Manager.
- Transport garbage to outdoor receptacle as needed.
- Adhere to Standard Precautions and facility Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the dietary cleaning schedules.
- Maintain courteous, tactful, and helpful manner when dealing with residents, staff, and visitors.
- Adhere to patient rights and maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Store food items and supplies appropriately.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service trainings as required.
- Perform other duties and functions as required.