Live the Mission:
In these unprecedented times, now more than ever the healthcare industry needs skilled nursing assistants who are passionate about learning and love to serve others. We're hiring Non-Certified Nursing Assistants - the start to a promising new healthcare career!
Learn how this position will put you on the track to becoming a Certified Nurse Aide through our CNA Development program!
The Non Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for providing routine daily nursing care to assigned patients under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements:
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be currently enrolled in a State approved CNA program
Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment. Specific Job Requirements:
Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm as well as willingness to handle difficult patients
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training Essential Functions:
Must be able to lift, turn, move, position, and transport patients under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse
- Must be able to assist patients with baths, showers, personal grooming, feeding, and toileting under the direct supervisor of a licensed nurse
- Must be able to accurately document and chart patient care
- Must be able to respond to call lights promptly
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language An Equal Opportunity Employer