You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Data Engineer at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Data Engineer, you'll move and integrate data across multiple disparate systems. You will clean, normalize, and aggregate Herman Miller corporate reporting and analytics. You'll also provide support to functional areas by acting as expert in tools and methods for accessing, analyzing, and reporting corporate data.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Assist end users in reporting and analysis tools.
- Collaborate with Analytics and Business Teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increase data accessibility, and foster data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Define company data assets (data models).
- Design data integrations and data quality framework.
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines and build out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for the key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Perform data analysis to troubleshoot data-related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Work closely with a team of Application Developers, Architects, and Analysts.
- Work closely with all Business Units and Software teams to develop strategy for long-term data platform architecture.
- Write unit/integration tests and document work.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Fully proficient retail and online retail data engineering abilities, typically gained through five years of working with Python/Java, SQL, working schema design, and dimensional data modeling.
- At least five years of experience, or and equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems.
- Experience working with cloud services and cloud data warehouses.
- Experience with Snowflake, Matillion, Tableau, Business Objectives, and Net Suite (desirable).
- The ability to manage and communicate data warehouse plans to internal clients.
- Expert knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies.
- Advanced problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to identify and solve complex business needs.
- The ability to be process-oriented with great documentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.