Join our Team at Cascade Engineering!
We promote innovation, problem solving and supporting your potential!
Sound like your kind of team?
Machine Operator - Level B Core Operator - $14.65 per hour + Shift Differential
Positions available on multiple shifts and can be located at any of our 5 molding facilities!
If you are new to Cascade Engineering you may be eligible for a sign on bonus based on initial performance.
Responsible for safely manufacturing quality products as instructed following standard work.
• Follow Standard Work in performing all tasks as assigned
• Safely utilize tools (knives, nippers, etc.) and secondary equipment to produce high quality products and includes knowing how to use Personal Protective Equipment, proper lifting techniques, safety around conveyors, how to safely use torches.
• Use proper trimming techniques (as trained per standard work)
• Understand and utilize the following: touch points, boundary standards, visual aids, combination sheets, and job breakdown sheets.
• Ensure the right part is placed in the correct packaging per applicable standard work
• Using “quality criteria” ensure products are produced in a manner to meet established quality standards
• Know how to read a label; follow applicable processes to create and apply labels to packaging appropriately
• Use STOP authority to minimize scrap production
• Follow standard work and quality criteria to correctly identify and handle non-conforming product
• Support the establishment of Flow Cell certification
• Keep the work cell clean using the 6S process in support of Flow Cell Certification
• Enter scrap numbers into MODS production computer system as trained in OJT (on the job training)
• Read and apply information provided on deviations and quality alerts
• Understand and use information as needed from bill of materials
• Set up/tear down the work cell following the correct processes
• Treat all people regardless of their background, individual or cultural differences with dignity and respect
• Display high moral and ethical standards and a high level of integrity
• Follow all Cascade Engineering policies and procedures
• Clock in and out using Kronos time system
Minimum Education, Experience and Cultural Requirements:
• Minimum 2 years manufacturing/machine operator experience, preferably in plastics
• Ability to stand for 8-12 hours a day
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment
• Ability to use a computer
• Ability to read and follow written work instructions
• Ability to work overtime
• Some positions require lifting up to 50 pounds