Knoll is a constellation of design-driven brands and people working together with our clients to create inspired modern interiors. Since 1938, we’ve been thinking about how people interact with their environments and how their environments impact what they do. Our strength in office systems, seating, furniture, textiles, leather and architectural accessories allows us to compose integrated solutions from products and services that naturally work together.
To learn more, visit
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and operate programmable welder
- Create and edit programs
- Inspect produced parts for quality and quantity
- Transport stock to and from work area
- Perform preventative maintenance as required
- Participates in standard job rotations. Perform job rotation with team members to insure proper standardized work and ergonomic safety.
- Perform all duties according to safety policies and procedures
- Performs all 5S housekeeping tasks in appropriate areas. Works to ensure work area is maintained in a clean, orderly and safe condition at all times. Completes all regularly scheduled 5S checks. Immediately alerts team member and team coordinators of all unsafe work conditions.
- Participates as a member of the Fabrication Team. Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies. Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members. Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas of lack of cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the team leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues effecting cohesiveness. Actively look for ways, and reinforce actions needed, to achieve synergy possible within the larger organization.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Fabrication Team Member. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
Problem Solving: Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and develop appropriate solutions.
Project Management: Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects under minimal supervision and meet required deadlines.
Technical Experience: Must be willing to complete programming course. Requires the ability to read blueprints and use measuring instruments.
Industry Experience: Experience in a manufacturing environment required. Working knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques, principles, and tools preferred. Must have or obtain a fork lift license.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Knoll is an Equal Employment opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or other applicable laws. If you require an accommodation due to a disability at any time during the application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
Muskegon, Michigan, United States