Are you a Data Analytics specialist? Do you have Data Warehousing, Hadoop/Data Lake experience? Do you like to solve the most complex and high scale (billions + records) data challenges in the world today? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects that use the newest data analytic technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will develop, deliver and implement AI, IOT, and data analytics projects that help our customers leverage their data to develop business insights. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as machine learning, IoT, batch/real-time data processing, data and business intelligence.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
* Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Athena, Glue, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon EMR and Amazon Redshift.
* Solutions - Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, creating packaged Data & Analytics service offerings.
* Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
* Insights - Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementations and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services.
* Innovate - Engaging with the customer's business and technology stakeholders to create a compelling vision of a data-driven enterprise in their environmentBasic Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
* 5+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a technical and analytical role.
* 3+ years' experience of Data Lake/Hadoop platform implementation
* 3+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning Hadoop/Spark implementations.
* Experience Apache Hadoop and the Hadoop ecosystem
* Experience with one or more relevant tools (Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Oozie, Hue, Zookeeper, HCatalog, Solr, Avro)
* Experience with one or more SQL-on-Hadoop technology (Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, Presto)
* Experience developing software code in one or more programming languages (Java, Python, etc)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.