SALARY RANGE: $36,635
The Talent Specialist provides excellent customer service to the general public and employers that either visit or contact the Michigan Works! Service Center. The Talent Specialist will assist job seekers with resumes, cover letters and completing online job applications. In addition, the Talent Specialist will provide assistance to participants through interviews, assessments, referrals, support services, and follow-up. This position works closely with jobseekers in various Michigan Works! programs to help them with their training and employment goals. Duties include reviewing and updating case files, case management, data management, and delivery of services consistent with program objectives. Carry out responsibilities according established procedures with some opportunity for initiative and independent judgement. Knowledge of workforce development and delivery of excellent customer service to job seekers, employers, partners and visitors to the Michigan Works! Service Centers are required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide excellent customer service (in person and via telephone) to employers, job seekers, partners and visitors.
- Consistently provide a good example of appearance, work ethic and customer service to customers served.
- Responsible for data entry, data search, and data management using multiple data base software platforms to support job seekers. Run reports from variety of data systems to track objectives and ensure positive outcomes.
- Provide assistance to job seekers and area businesses in accessing and using the Pure Michigan Talent Connect web site, including troubleshooting, problem solving and computer problems; assisting customers with resumes, cover letters, job search strategies.
- Understand and demonstrate a proficient use of Pure Michigan Talent Connect web site, including troubleshooting, problem solving and customer assistance.
- Follow the processes and procedures as outlined in operations manuals.
- Routinely contact employers who have job vacancies in the area to offer hiring assistance.
- Form relationships with employers to better assist with various levels of employee recruitment services.
- Input data into Salesforce, the Michigan Works! West Central Customer Relationship Management System. Run reports in order to confirm completion of monthly goals.
- Schedule and reserve rooms for individuals, businesses and agencies using the Service Center.
- Administer ACT “Work Keys” assessments and scoring according to ACT policies.
- Proctor the GED test.
- Use the Unemployment Agency’s (UIA) web site to document when a UIA claimant has successfully created a profile on the Pure Michigan Talent Connect.
- Operate multi-line telephone system: operate phones at front desk, answer and transfer calls, use voicemail system and assist others with system.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Software, email management and electronic presentation skills are required for this position.
- Demonstrate good organizational skills.
- Perform month end tasks: data collection, participant count. Accountable for meeting and exceeding performance goals.
- Have knowledge of agencies/services provided at Michigan Works!
- Have knowledge of local community service agencies.
- Attend relevant trainings, conferences, and statewide meetings as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor. These duties will be incorporated in a specific way into the Position Description, should they involve a lengthy commitment or extensive time.