QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical schematics and engineering drawings.
- Must know circuit symbols and various assembly techniques, such as crimping, soldering, stripping.
- Minimum of six months experience in electro-mechanical assembly and wiring, including working directions from prints and schematics.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in whole numbers, fractions and decimals in both English and metric units. Ability to apply percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in non-standardized, unique, one-of-a-kind situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
- The employee occasionally must lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and less occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Good hand dexterity is frequently required to reach and assemble components.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
Steel toed shoes/boots
Safety glasses with permanent side shields