Founded in 1972, Skytron, LLC is a family owned private company committed to providing the acute care market with innovative and flexible solutions for healthcare. Skytron prides themselves on the family-feel atmosphere you experience the moment you walk in the door. We know the overall success stems from investing in our employees and their efforts so we strive to provide opportunities for employees to learn, grow, and thrive!
Skytron provides a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that helps employees and their families lead healthy, productive, and balanced lives. Our benefits program includes, comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with a company match, a profit sharing retirement plan, 10 paid holidays, vacation and personal time off, education reimbursement, a wellness program and company gym.
Summary: The Boom Technician builds quality booms, including hydraulics, electrical, and gases. With minimal supervision, this individual builds and maintains medical equipment and instrumentation of moderate complexity. The Boom Technician is also responsible for inspecting and reporting any damage or inconsistencies in carriers and boom arms. This position reports to the Boom Supervisor.
Working Hours: 7:00am-4:00pm
- Reviews work orders and drawings, building assigned parts according to customer specifications.
- Crates, packages, labels, and moves completed product to the end of the work pay for pick up by the material handler.
- Completes required paperwork and documentation in manner that is both thorough and accurate.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment according to task sheet assignments.
- Actively participates in CI projects and events, sharing ideas for improvement freely.
- Cross trains in all areas of the boom department, demonstrating a willingness to help and train in areas outside the boom department when instructed.
- Job Specific Knowledge: Capably handles required administrative functions such as document processing, report compilation, project management. Understands and competently operates mechanical devises, machinery and equipment. Has a working knowledge of mechanical procedures, functions, and uses. Follows product and work instructions, and prints. Knowledgeable with products, parts and processes.
- Quality of Work: Verifies work to ensure accurate results, requires minimal rework. Follows work instructions, procedures, and company policies. Meets productivity standards, deadlines and project schedules. Handles high volume of workload.
- Interpersonal Communication & Teamwork: Listens to others, expressing ideas, both orally and in writing, and providing relevant information to management, co-workers, and customers. Makes a conscious effort to give explicit instructions or answers, seeks understanding, encourages feedback and listens carefully to others. Maintains good relationships, gets along with fellow employees, respects the rights of other employees and shows a cooperative spirit. Works well within the team, and recognizes and values others.
- Adaptability/Autonomy/Dependability Internally motivated. Works well with little or no supervision. Maintains a productive schedule, timeline and goals. Maintains a positive attitude amidst change and pressure. Can be counted on when scheduling and when making staffing plans, especially during critical business times. Consistently punctual and dependable in attendance. Leads by example and sets standards for professional behavior. Voluntarily assists others.
- Problem Solving: Devises workable solutions or consults with secondary resources to devise solutions. Addresses the cause of the problems, modifies systems, processes or work instructions to rectify. Seeks relevant information and answers to key questions from several sources.
- HS Diploma or equivalent, with ambition to further education relevant to job demands.
- Some experience with light mechanical, electrical, and hydraulics is desirable.
- Ability to read and understand basic blueprints and multi-meters
- Ability to learn to use a hi-pot tester and other testing equipment
- Knowledge of Outlook and ERP Systems is essential.
- Ability to obtain a hi lo and picker license
- Exerting up to 100lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 50lbs of force frequently, and/or up to 20lbs of force constantly to move objects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance with any aspect of the application process, please contact Skytron's Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.759.8766