Description Our Global Talent Management team is responsible for delivering on our company strategy to build, retain, and develop world-class talent across Herman Miller's family of brands. We're agile, creative, and collaborative with team members working around the world. We're looking for a Director of Global Learning and Development to join our team. You will play an important role in building and fostering Herman Miller's growth and high-performance culture across diverse employee populations in professional, retail, and manufacturing environments. Your primary role will be to create a learning strategy to unlock the potential of leaders and employees to fulfill our purpose and meet our strategic goals. You will lead a global team to deliver and manage execution of employee and leadership development experiences.
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It's the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Herman Miller Group means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We create places where people love to be, places that reflect who they are, places that truly matter to people. And our success allows Herman Miller Group to support causes that align with our values, so we can help create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.
Inside the Job
Your day-to-day work will involve:
- Driving Strategy: Partner closely with the HR team, business leaders, and employees to lead our organizational L&D strategy, effectively translating business needs into strategic initiatives and driving successful outcomes.
- Guiding the Function: Act as a thought leader, consultant, and project manager to manage project initiatives, consult with the business, manage change, and drive operational excellence.
- Creating & Delivering Great Programs: Develop and drive a roadmap of global, scalable leadership and employee development programs that align to Herman Miller's business purpose, values, and strategy. You will identify and incorporate learning material, simulations, and curriculum that best leverage the latest in adult learning theory. You'll also customize off-the-shelf learning material as appropriate.
- Growing Future Leaders: Drive various leadership development initiatives to build an internal leadership bench that supports the future of Herman Miller.
- Building the Culture: Reinforce Herman Miller-specific values and leadership principles that align to our culture and values through all programs.
- Igniting Participation: Create and launch compelling and integrated marketing campaigns that generate excitement and utilization of programs and resources.
- Leading the Team: Guide the L&D Team to effectively prioritize the work, grow their skills, and deliver results.
- Measuring Progress: Regularly assess learning program effectiveness, ROI, and impact with a continuous improvement mindset. You will quickly find solutions, innovate, and pivot to achieve success.
What You Bring
Needed skills and experience for this role include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in a L&D role, with five years management or leadership experience
- Experience delivering learning programs to retail and/or manufacturing populations
- Experience delivering L&D solutions in a global/cross-cultural context.
- Leadership and experience in strategic planning and solution development
- Clear judgment, decision making, and complex problem-solving skills
- Success in creating and delivering learning programs, development initiatives, learning facilitation and reinforcement, and program design
- Strong understanding of current learning delivery platforms and best-in-class global learning solutions that can deliver high-impact learning
- Certification in and experience with a variety of assessment instruments (e.g., MBTI, DiSC, Leadership Circle, FIRO-B etc.)
- Mentoring, people development, and leadership skills
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone who wants to do great work and be part of a winning team. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Zeeland
Other Locations: United States-Michigan-Detroit, United States-Illinois-Chicago