Description About this Opportunity
As a Financial Analyst - Senior Associate, you'll conduct finance-related activities in support of small- to medium-sized projects/functions or small to medium business units. You will prepare fundamental analyses and research to generate data for inclusion in financial forecasts and projections. Your assignments will provide exposure to fundamental financial concepts, issues, and activities.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Review royalty contracts and licenses to ensure that reported royalties are accurate.
- Meet tight reporting deadlines for designer royalty calculations.
- Field royalty inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Build an internal network of contacts and sources to collect and/or validate data.
- Assist in communicating information as requested.
- Conduct financial analysis through the application of fundamental accounting/finance principles, concepts, theories, and techniques on assignments that are specific in nature and require basic understanding and experience in the field.
- Continuously increase your knowledge of the organization and personal business acumen through ongoing learning activities.
- Function as financial analyst and business partner with your assigned client group/segment of the organization.
- Prepare fundamental analyses and research to generate data for inclusion in financial forecasts and projections.
- Use established procedures, work under direct supervision, and direct efforts toward clearly defined results.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Two years of professional financial analysis experience.
- Fundamental knowledge and expertise in the finance area of specialty.
- Analytical skills to identify and analyze problems and generate ideas and solutions.
- The ability to use the office automation, communication, tools, and software in the Herman Miller office environment including related financial programs and software.
- The ability to accomplish desired objectives and outcomes by influencing individuals at all levels.
- The ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Regular
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Holland