Description About this Opportunity
As a Business Innovation Analyst - Gaming, you'll provide expertise in data extraction, report creation/visualization, and analysis to support critical management decisions. This role will be tasked with the development of user-friendly KPIs and dashboards for consumption by senior leadership and the service organization. Your primary focus will be on providing analytics and data visualization for service related KPIs, including sales, inventory management, and other critical service activities. You will also provide support to the Finance team by applying statistical analysis, trending, and other visual insights around various strategic initiatives.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Apply financial models to make business decisions.
- Create detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities, and solutions for a business.
- Lead analysis for business planning and monitoring.
- Make strategic recommendations in regards pricing, investments, and growth opportunities.
- Manage daily, weekly, and monthly reporting for the team.
- Monitor, forecast, and report on Gaming budgeting, including variance analysis.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Mathematics, Economics, or equivalent professional experience. An MBA is preferred.
- Three years of experience working in roles with progressive responsibilities providing data extraction, report creation/visualization, and analysis to inform business decisions.
- Experience working with senior decision makers.
- A sound understanding of general statistical concepts along with strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze information and provide insightful interpretation.
- Strong working knowledge of economic principles, including business cycle concepts and the causal relationship between various economic variables.
- A well-developed technical writing ability and organizational skills.
- General knowledge of information systems, data warehouses, and the ability to use Business Intelligence tools.
- The ability to apply critical thinking to connect ambiguous information and translate complex numeric results into understandable concepts and actionable results.
- Written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate information, ideas, procedures, and processes in a logical sequence and at a level appropriate to the audience, resulting in effective working relationships.
- An analytical background.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Regular
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Holland