Job Title: Distribution Associate III - 3rd Shift
Department / Division: Midwest Service Center / Logistics
Location: Ada, MI
What’s special about this job:
The Logistics Division is responsible for supporting our customers, manufacturing plants, and global affiliates through their warehousing and Service Centers across the United States and Canada. They support all aspects of our business throughout the supply chain, including the final orders to our customers. Their motto is “Perfect Orders Every Time,” and they strive to exceed their customers’ expectations through a flexible and agile workforce. The Midwest Regional Service Center (MWRSC) is our largest facility, is based in Ada, Michigan, and provides pick, pack, and ship services to local Amway Business Owners, as well as domestic and international warehousing. As a Distribution Associate III on the team, you will ensure the quality, efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness of overall warehouse operations, raw material, and inventory control. This position will work a a 3rd shift schedule four 10 hour days. Schedule will either be Sunday-Wednesday from 9pm - 7am.
How you would contribute to the role:
You will have multiple responsibilities and variety in this role, including overseeing shipments and receipts of finished products, raw materials, and/or components for affiliate manufacturing sites, contract customers, world ship and air shipments. You will be responsible for coordinating loading activities to verify counts and weights, ensuring compliance with DOT regulations for paperwork, labeling, placarding, containerization, freeze/melt precautions, etc. Coordinating raw and component orders, as well as ensuring strict compliance with affiliates (China, India, Vietnam, etc.) and contract customers’ shipping procedures will be a part of your routine as a Distribution Associate III. You will perform all Wave Operation functions for both North America and Latin America. This will include constant communication between all markets, planning/ allocating/ releasing waves, troubleshooting assistance, pick setup, No Longer Available (NLA) removal, line balancing, etc. Your attention to detail and accuracy will be valued as you provide timely inventory activity on a daily basis, including reconciliation of shipping/receiving transactions through data systems with cycle counting, reversals, status change reconciliation, maintenance of item master data, in-transit reconciliation, miscellaneous damage and disposal reconciliation, etc. Having the ability and drive to take initiative and seek out continuous improvement opportunities will also be key to your success in this role.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- One to three years of experience in warehouse operations
- Capability to interface with customers and provide excellent customer service
- Systems experience with the following applications: JDE, Red Prairie, LTS, WMS, Catsweb, RF System, MS Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, and any other applications applicable to warehouse operations.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to problem solve, ability to take initiative, and desire to develop, train, lead people, as well as overseeing employee operations for accuracy and efficiency
- Proficiency to operate a stand up and sit-down Hilo
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs frequently
- Capacity to obtain a CDL and/or drive a delivery truck