- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- The ability to read and write English, and the ability to comprehend written instructions and record
- The capacity to work in a team with intermittent
- The ability to work respectfully and courteously with a wide variety of
- This employee will be required to successfully complete all required initial and update
- A minimum of one year of experience working with children or adults with developmental disabilities is
- Must have knowledge of and ab ability to learn about Autism Spectrum Disorder and Applied Behavior
- This position requires Individuals must have a valid Michigan driver’s license, three (3) or more years of driving experience, less than six (6) points, and no exclusionary violations on driving record.
- Must pass all required background checks, physicals, and drug If the background check reveals disqualifying information, employment shall be terminated unless the disqualifying information was successfully appealed as inaccurate, expunged or set aside.
75% or more Company vehicle is not supplied. Personal vehicle is required.
Travel is primarily local, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
This position works in close proximity to people. Moderate levels of noise while working with participants can be expected. While the majority of working time is spent indoors in a residential environment or center, employees in this position may work outdoors in all seasons for short periods of time, e.g. assisting participant’s into a vehicle, taking a participant on an outing, snow removal, etc.
Medium work. No more than 50 pounds with frequent lifting of objects weighting up to 25 pounds.