Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm, Direct Hire!
Assists and coordinates a variety of projects, programs, and events. Processes a variety of information including pay changes, transfers, time and attendance. Maintains accuracy of Human Resources systems and employee records. Compiles statistics, creates and prepares reports. Helps establish administrative procedures for the department.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating employee information in the HR system including processing pay changes, status changes, new hires and terminations.
- Coordinates and conducts new hire orientation.
- Serves as back-up for the Senior HR Systems Coordinator position.
- Provides ADP support and training for employees and managers, as needed.
- Assists Union production management with various requests, including posting internal positions, creating employee action notices, and administering time and attendance.
- Administers time and attendance for all Viking entities.
- Tracks absences and corrective actions.
- Conducts regular HR Audits on all data entry.
- Administers the temporary labor pool process.
- Assists and coordinates employee programs and events.
- Maintains and distributes current employee information, as required.
- Provides administrative support for the Director of Human Resources and the Vice President of Human Resources.
- Assists with the ID Badge system.
- Performs clerical support functions including answering telephone, filing, sorting, and mail distribution.
- Administers unemployment claims.
- Processes employment verification requests.
- Creates reports to support department goals and metrics.
- Assists with new HR initiatives.
- Participates in training as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree plus three to five years human resources experience; or equivalent.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and high degree of computer literacy, including ability to create Excel pivot tables.
- ADP experience.
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated broad understanding of human resources principles, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and assist with complex projects and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to discretely handle matters of confidentiality.