The Director of Quality, a member of the Executive Team, is responsible to administer and improve ABT’s business systems, specifically the Quality Management System. Through leadership and coaching, the Director of Quality uses ABT’s business systems to support and empower all team members, specifically site leaders and quality managers, to achieve desired outcomes. The Director of Quality promotes a culture of problem solving and continuous improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages industry compliance efforts (Export Compliance, ITAR, EAR, Nadcap, AS9100, IPC, etc.)
- Includes Quarterly Management Review for Executive Team
- Specifically requires active participation in root causes analysis corrective actions
- Manages customer requirements adherence with flow downs into business systems
- Administers and Continuously Improve Business Systems (CAPA, PAR, BOM, MRR, QCP, MP, PSO, Cpk, etc.)
- Proactively develops tools, processes, and systems to improve support for team members
- Participates in Goal Setting, Metric Creation, Tracking and Distribution in Line with Overall Strategies
- Creates strong partnership with site leadership to provide direction and evaluation to local quality organization team members
- Coaches and directs their team to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with both internal and external customers, driving improved customer service.
- Provide direction and support for an effective internal audit team
- Develops, implements, and maintains documents and procedures of business system in compliance with industry standards.
- BS in Engineering, Business or similar Experience in Technical Problem Solving
- ASQ or CQE certification, strongly preferred
- Minimum 8 years of experience in various roles withing manufacturing industry
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience
- Working knowledge with AS, ISO, Nadcap and IPC requirements
- Understanding of quality improvement tools and statistical decision-making methods
- Excellent organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact well and coach team members
- Excellent computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time