NEW TEMPORARY SIGN-ON BONUS:
$500 after the completion of 90 days
$500 after the completion of 6 months
$1000 after the completion of 1 year
JOB TITLE: CDL-A Driver
WORK SCHEDULE: Day Shift, can include 12-hour work days.
DAYS WORKED: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri., Sat.
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
SUMMARY: Providing safe and quality food is the job of all House of Flavors employees. Truck drivers are responsible for the safe delivery of ingredients, packaging and finished goods from one location to another. Truck drivers hold a Commercial Drivers License with an A endorsement and have responsibility to safely operate and to maintain the company trucks. Truck drivers also load and unload trucks and document the movement of goods. All Good Manufacturing Practices and general safety practices are observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Does a physical Pre-Shift Inspection of the truck. If any malfunction or problem is found it is fixed and reported to the Trucking Supervisor. If any malfunction is found that cannot be immediately fixed, the truck is taken out for repair.
- Begins work of moving local transfers by loading the truck with frozen finished product from the holding bay and driving the load to the South Freezer for unloading and scanning into the freezer warehouse. While loading and unloading, keeps track of the pallet count and makes sure the pallet has the correct tag for the product; keeps track of the number of pallets in the holding bay and keeps the bays caught up. On transfer logs, records product code, tracking number and quantity from the provided printed tag. If there is not a printed tag, writes the product code on the transfer log but no tracking number or quantity.
- Brings condiments into the main plant and picks-up packaging at the outside warehouse as many times per shift as needed to get all ingredients and packaging to the plant in time for scheduled production.
- Follows all safety rules with special attention to chocking, locking out and safe Forklift operation.
- Fuels the truck as needed and properly files the gas receipts as needed.
- If assigned to drive ice cream loads to outside storage locations, helps to load the truck and document how many pallets come in and out; scans the product and makes sure the bills are correct. After driving to an outside storage location, unloads and, if there is an inbound coming back to South Freezer, gets bills on backhaul.
- At the end of a shift, makes sure the truck is chocked, locked, (and plugged-in in the winter). A post trip inspection is done and logs and mileage sheets are properly filled out and turned in.
- While waiting to be loaded, unloaded, or during any other idle time, keeps the trucks clean both inside and out by cleaning the cab, washing the windows inside and out, cleaning the dash, ceiling, door panel, back wall, steering column, etc., and sweeps out the cab, and any other housekeeping that may need to be done.
- Participates in other assigned duties: including but not limited to driving any company vehicle which requires CDL; cleaning and inventory within any department.
- Works as a member of the trucking and warehousing teams, learning the jobs of different work stations included in this job description, enabling the ability to rotate from job to job giving breaks or filling in when other employees are absent.
- Appropriately communicates with other employees and departments during the course of daily work.
- Completes all other duties as assigned, including working with Trucking Supervisor, Logistics Manager and other managers to enhance the overall profitability of the operation.