NEW TEMPORARY SIGN-ON BONUS $1,000:
$500 after the completion of 90 days
$300 after the completion of 6 months
$200 after the completion of 1 year
JOB TITLE: Mix Room Technician
WORK SCHEDULE: 2nd shift (3:00pm-11:00pm)
DAYS WORKED: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri., Sat.
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
DETAILS: 2nd shift, we alternate between a 5 day and 6 day production schedule.
SUMMARY: Providing safe and quality food is the job of all House of Flavors employees. The Mix Room Operator is responsible for making ice cream mix from recipes. The Mix Room Operator understands and operates the pasteurizer, the homogenizer, and the tank and piping system of the plant. The Mix Room Operator performs appropriate sanitation procedures to the systems, the work area, and the equipment and does routine maintenance on equipment. The Mix Room Operator works cooperatively with co-workers and inspectors. The Mix Operator may also be able to receive raw ingredients and place them in proper storage. All Good Manufacturing Practices and general safety practices are observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Makes ice cream mixes by following recipes, including the recording of lot numbers, the monitoring of each raw material by weights and the recording of additions of materials on paperwork. Under the direction of the manager or supervisor, makes appropriate recipe changes according to availability of cream silos, milk additions or other raw materials used to complete mix making.
- Pasteurizes mix by monitoring temperature, time, and pressure controls; verifies proper operation of all pasteurizing equipment; documents on charts all mixes made, amounts made, the pasteurize tank selected, temperatures, pressures, and deviations in operation, and all washes.
- If authorized to receive raw materials, checks paperwork, temperature, and tank assignments and accurately and thoroughly documents receiving logs and bills.
- Using lock-out and tag-out, washes and sanitizes all systems involved with the mix room including washing cream silos as required, the mix system, pasteurizer, and the mix fill lines. Sanitation duties include the general cleanliness of the mix room including but not limited to walls, the outside of the equipment or tanks, the floors and any other area.
- Observes allergen control regarding rerun; dumps, pumps, and standardizes rerun; determines which drums are eligible to be used as rerun and which are not; and, moves mix and rerun around the tank and piping systems.
- Disassembles and reassembles all pumps, valves, and pipe work to insure proper operation of all equipment, including cleaning and replacement of parts.
- Works as a member of the Mix team, learning the jobs of different work stations included in this job description, enabling the ability to rotate from job to job giving breaks or filling in when other employees are absent.
- All other duties as assigned including, but not limited to, working with inspectors, opening up and cleaning pasteurizers, washing pasteurized tanks as required, and homogenizer maintenance and repair.