Display Pack crafts award-winning thermoformed packaging for food, retail, and industrial markets. We are an "essential employer" and exist for our customers by developing unique packing solutions to meet their needs and exceed expectations. If you’re looking for a company with a business culture of trust, integrity, and commitment, connect with us to become part of a team passionate about our employees and creating solutions for our customers.
We are looking for full-time Packers for all shifts. Our 1st shift is 5:50am-2pm, 2nd shift is 1:50pm-10pm, and 3rd shift is 9:50pm-6am.
Job Title: Packer
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Summary Removes plastic parts from thermoforming machines, performs inspection for quality, and packs them for shipping to customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews/reads the packaging guidelines/job ticket prior to starting the job to ensure complete understanding of the quality specifications of the product being run on the machine
- Performs basic quality inspection of thermoformed products according to the specific product packaging guidelines.
- Packs thermoformed products that meet product specifications into bags and/or boxes according to the guidelines for the product being packaged.
- Notifies the Operator or Runner if a quality issue is found to determine if the machine needs to be stopped or adjustments need to be made
- Inspects filled containers to ensure the product is packaged according to specifications including: box and bag, count, and standard quality conformance.
- Applies and assists in printing and applying labels to boxes or product according to job packet.
- Stacks boxed on pallets by hand if time permits.
- Meets or exceeds determined hourly production rates/ratios on at least one type of thermoforming machine.
- Uses scale to determine correct count and relays weight and count to the Operator or Runner for logging in the system.
- Cleans machines and area during downtime
- Assists in line clearance when the machine goes down or during product changeovers
- Post ballots/batches into AX using RFS
- Logs into and out of jobs to ensure accurate reporting of labor for each job.
- Wraps skids and/or pulls scrap as needed to cover for Utility.
- Discards plastic scrap and trash in appropriate bins/gondolas to avoid cross-contamination
- Complies with Display Pack safety policies and procedures and reports safety hazards/violations to the supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or lead
Fettig Employment Agency will be contacting applicants to explain the hiring process and $500 bonus.