Are you looking for a non-traditional assembly role?
Does using power tools to create a fully finished product from scratch sound interesting?
Do you like working in a position that provides a bit of variety throughout your work day?
Are you looking for a company that offers employees ability to move up quickly (often in a matter of months)?
If so, We Should Talk!
The Assembly II - Door Builder is part of the production crew that assembles interior and exterior doors (along with their associated hardware) for commercial use.
- Individuals in this assembly position work as part of a team to ensure all sales orders are assembled and packed per schedule.
- The successful candidate will possess critical thinking skills to recognize issues, problems or opportunities and determine whether action is needed.
- Additionally, the candidate will seek and accept additional responsibility for continuous learning and development
Curious About Tubelite and What We Manufacture?
Tubelite Inc., is a responsive, West Michigan based, leading supplier of storefronts and entrances to the glass and glazing industry since 1945. In a nutshell, at our Walker, Michigan facility we work with aluminum extrusions that serve as the frame used to secure glass walls commonly used in commercial buildings. Additionally, we manufacture doors used in commercial buildings.
You have likely seen our products in many of the window entrances of companies in the West Michigan area. You may recognize our company name, as our Walker facility is visible along I-96 right next to the Grand Rapids Press.
Dependable - is Tubelite's brand promise to our customers, and also our employees. Tubelite seeks out the most dependable workers to allow us to be a dependable supplier. You'll be rewarded for your dependability too! Tubelite offers a variety of competitive benefits and perks, like our Perfect Attendance Bonus that is awarded to employees who show their dependability throughout the year.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Maintain a safe work environment and be part of a team that is proactive on safety issues
- Perform complex tasks in the fields of sub assembly, layout, and hardware implementation
- Read and verify paperwork, work orders, or work instructions for product accuracy
- Verify quality of material and finished product
- Interact with fellow assembly members to ensure quantity requirements are met
- Use light power tools to assemble doors according to strict specifications
- Perform housekeeping and preventative maintenance responsibilities as needed
Follow documented procedures, produces and ensures products meet or exceed established product specifications