WHO we are is a fast-growing, environmentally-conscious technology company made up of innovators and limit pushers.
WHAT we do is recover, revive and reuse technology. Our expertise in repair and refurbishing allows us to breathe life into used technology and distribute it into the secondary market.
HOW we do it is by allowing our work to be guided by our three core values that inspire us every day - Find A Way, Elevate Others, and See What You’re Capable Of. Check out a bit about our culture.
Times are busy for remote learning and working throughout the nation and Tech Defenders is still growing! We are currently looking to hire a number of Device Specialists. Device Specialists are the backbone of what we do at Tech Defenders and are able to complete a variety of tasks. You can expect to help with receiving devices; picking, packing, and shipping orders; testing devices; cleaning devices; wiping device memory; managing inventory; and conducting minor repairs. Device Specialists are the heart of our organization and make our mission possible by executing lean and efficient warehouse operations. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working with a team, with technology, and with their hands to grow with us by learning our business from end to end
The Device Specialists will:
- First and foremost, embrace and live our core values. Beyond skills, education, or experience, we only welcome talent to our team that aligns with our driven, team-focused, and collaborative culture
- Be a team player going out of their way to help elevate others
- Show their ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Be accountable to, and responsible for, cleanliness of workstations
- Have good communication skills – both verbal and written with strong attention to detail
- Have a basic understanding of modern warehousing practices and methods
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50lbs for a short distance
- Thrive in our rapid-pace environment focusing on continuous improvement
- Have a safety mindset
Responsibilities may vary by day and will include one or more of the following:
- Receive and process warehouse stock products
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization
- Complete light-touch repairs on Chromebooks, Apple devices, and phones
- Bag and tag products for easy inventory tracking
- Operate and maintain warehouse equipment
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize warehousing procedures
- Warehouse and inventory organization
- Sorting and recycling whole units and device parts
Tech Defenders is proud to reward its valued team members with:
- A 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match as well as your choice of health plans and dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and PTO for you to recover and revive
- Discounted tech devices for you, your friends, and family
- Paid training and no experience needed
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Full Time: Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm. Some departments may be asked to work Saturdays during busy seasons
- Great company culture! Also rap videos. Yep, we occasionally write songs about what fun we’re having and have been known to throw down some crisp lyrics
- Casual dress code with free TD swag and branded gear
- Excellent opportunities to communicate, collaborate, and connect. You’ll have the autonomy to be able to put your stamp on things, while benefiting from the collective expertise of the team
If this sounds like the perfect culture for you, dust off your resume (and perhaps that ping pong paddle?) and apply today. We’d love to chat with you.
Equal opportunity employer.