JOB TITLE: Assembler/Mold Operator
Performs repetitive line assembly operations to mass-produce automobile outside rearview mirrors.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assemble parts in specified relationship to each other following written and visual guidelines or instruction. Bolts, clips, screws, heatstake, or otherwise fastens parts together.
- Tends machines, to perform force fitting or fastening operations in assembly cell.
- Works at different work stations as production needs require. May include using various fixtures to attach parts such as springs, manually attaching electrical connectors, heater pads, gaskets and grommets, affixing mirror glass to actuators. Must be able to rotate.
- Work in a safe manner to avoid injury to self and others. Participate in problem solving and continuous improvement activities. Other tasks as assigned. Maintain 5S and housekeeping practices.
- Understand your responsibility to the environmental programs, including ISO14001. Understand the EMS consequences, actual or potential, of their work activities and/or their behaviors from specified work instructions.
- Complete all necessary paperwork on time and accurately such as glass traceability, scrap sheets, daily production reports, 5S checklists, and fill out start-up checklists.
- Must perform all daily start up checks at your station per the IPCP and notify TC if check does not work as intended.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read and interpret a variety of written procedures, part numbers, part descriptions, and operation instruction sheets.
- Must be able to understand and write production tags and labels.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees in a team environment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- One to three months related experience and/or training is ideal.