- Assist customers with retail merchandise.
- Knowledge of retail merchandise back stock and how to access it.
- Assist with any other duties as necessary, including (but not limited to) stocking beer cooler, stamping merchandise bags, etc…
- Advice customers with information on products and services.
- Helps customer make selections by building customer confidence; offering suggestions and opinions.
- Keep clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
- Bag or package purchases.
- Help customers try on or fit merchandise.
- Greet all guests upon their arrival and departure.
- Knowledge of our beer, wine and spirits.
- Knowledge of all menu items.
- Receive and place to-go orders.
- Utilize our telephone system, including answering and transferring calls.
- Know all of the company’s upcoming events and promotions.
- Check customer identification for age verification in accordance with legal standards.
- Organize and maintain all retail merchandise.
- Assist with any cleaning/organizing projects as directed by Pub Managers or Merchandise Director.
- Track and communicate activity to Merchandise Director.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Processes payments by totaling purchases; processing cash, and credit cards.
- Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, and balancing cash drawers.
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
- Be comfortable speaking with guests during slow times or when a customer is browsing.
- Contribute to team effort through results accomplishment.
What you will bring:
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a cash register.
- Be able to work in a standing position for up to eight (8) hours at a time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift 50 pounds.
- Be comfortable engaging guests in general conversation.
- Be able to multi-task.
- Possess excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations.
New Holland Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Our Mission: At New Holland Brewing Company, we are on a mission to enhance the quality of people’s lives.
Our Vision: New Holland Brewing Company’s vision is to create savored moments for the world.
Our Values: Believe – Engage – Own – Lead – Act with Integrity - Care