Electrical Maintenance Technician
Koppers Performance Chemicals
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
The Electrical Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining industrial
equipment in a manufacturing facility, with an emphasis on electrical work. This includes preventive
maintenance, replacing equipment, repairing equipment, installing new equipment, troubleshooting
and other tasks as assigned.
• Troubleshooting to repair faulty equipment or systems.
• Understands and works safely with 480VAC systems, 120 VAC systems, and 24 VDC systems.
• Capable trouble-shooting faulty motors, changing motors and installing new motors.
• Capable of understanding how PLC’s function, communicate, and control machines.
• Capable of installing, calibrating and troubleshooting automatic valves, flow meters, pressure transmitters,
temperature transmitters and other various instrumentation devices. This includes all control wiring and
• Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
• Installing and programming Variable Frequency Drives and determine Proper size for a given motor.
• Understands basic function of automatic controllers.
• Installation and programming of Universal Digital Controllers.
• Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads, twisting or soldering wires together, and applying tape or terminal caps.
• Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment.
• Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing
instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer.
• Installs machinery and equipment according to layout plans and other drawings in industrial establishment,
using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools.
• Dismantles machines, moves machinery and equipment, and assembles and installs equipment.
• Aligns machines and equipment.
• Perform PM’s and maintenance activities on a wide variety of plant equipment.
• Repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
• Perform installation and maintenance work as part of team of skilled trades workers.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Safety, health and environmental awareness
• 1 year Industrial Electrical experience required
• Must have good understanding of mechanical equipment
• Must be capable of understanding and using Microsoft Office products
Koppers Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, genetic information, ethnicity, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other category or characteristic protected by federal law or by any applicable state or local law.