Purchasing/Inventory Controller - 200000WD
We are looking for a Purchasing Agent/Inventory Controller responsible for procuring merchandise for resale, and for inventory management. He/She enthusiastically negotiates with vendors to obtain the best pricing, delivery and terms of purchase ensuring optimal order fill rates and customer satisfaction.
As a Purchasing Agent with Richards, your specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Analyze product on hand and projected product sales.
* Create vendor Purchase Orders to maintain right product mix, optimum shelf quantities, and satisfy projected product sales.
* Monitor vendor shipments and receipt of merchandise to ensure that they are within acceptable parameters established by the Profit Center Manager.
* Meet or exceed the Profit Center targets for fill rate/service levels, and annual inventory turns.
* Perform daily cycle counts, research and resolve all inventory discrepancies.
* Negotiate with and maintain successful relationships with suppliers/vendors.
* Perform required file maintenance to products, price and buy matrices; communicate with Product File Administrator as necessary.
* Monitor merchandise returns to ensure timeliness and credit accuracy.
* Maintain market intelligence and report changes in pricing levels and potential problem areas or conditions that could adversely affect the Company's procurement position.
* Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
* Assist the team in all areas as needed.
We reward team success through our generous benefits package which includes:
* Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
* Profit sharing
* 401 (k) and retirement cash account
* Life insurance
* Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
* Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
The following movements and senses are required in this job:
Hand and finger dexterity, stooping, kneeling, talking, hearing, near vision, far vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and depth perception.
The incumbent is exposed to the following conditions in the job:
Warehouses with no climate control, potentially hazardous equipment (such as forklift trucks, mechanical lift gates, hand tools, manual material handling equipment, ladders, and rubber retention straps). The Profit Center may stock, sell and use hazardous materials - PVC pipe cement, pool chemicals, torch gas, propane gas, solvents, etc. You may be required to handle these materials.
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are a drug free workplace, with pre-employment drug screening required. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity